Alpharetta is an exciting city to live in with amazing, fun and unique events to match! AlpharettaMoms.Org has compiled a list to keep us busy and informed of what is going on in “our neck of the woods!” Be sure to also check out the Alpharetta CVB’s website for more information!
Alpharetta Food Truck Alley Thursday’s 5-9 pm April 19 through October 11
Old Roswell Street
Enjoy a variety of 6-8 rotating food trucks and music each week. Stroll the streets, eat delicious food, listen to some great music and kick off the weekend a little early! No Food Truck Alley on May 3, due to Taste of Alpharetta.
Alpharetta Farmers Market Saturday’s 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. through October 27
Old Canton Street in Downtown Alpharetta
At the Downtown Alpharetta Farmers Market you will find farmers with fruits, vegetables and natural meats, gardeners with fresh flowers and herbs, and makers of all sorts of edible home goods from yummy desserts and breads to local raw honey and homemade sauces, jellies, soaps.
Brooke Street Park Summer Event Series **NEW*** April – September
The City of Alpharetta’s Recreation and Parks Cultural Services Department is launching a FREE summer event series at Brooke Street Park beginning in April and running through September. Events will consist of a variety of concerts by Home By Dark, and community theatrical performances by local ACT 1 Theatre. Performances will be held at the Brooke Street Park outdoor pavilion and will be free and open to the public. (park behind City Hall)
The following dates have been announced:
- Saturday, July 14, 7 PM – Act 1 Theatrical Performance
- Saturday, July 28, 7:30 PM – Home By Dark Concert Series
- Saturday, August 11, 7 PM – Act 1 Theatrical Performance
- Saturday, August 18, 6 PM – Alpharetta City Band
- Saturday, August 25, 7:30 PM – Home By Dark Concert Series
- Saturday, September 8, 7 PM – Act 1 Theatrical Performance
- Saturday, September 15, 6 PM – Alpharetta Community Chorus Sing-a-Long
- Saturday, September 22, 7:30 PM – Home By Dark Concert Series
For updates, please visit the City of Alpharetta’s website at www.alpharetta.ga.us. These are rain or shine events.
This is the 22nd year of the Rotary Club of Alpharetta, Mayor’s Corporate Challenge! Bring a company team this year, run yourself, or sponsor your business –for a great cause!
The community event features a 5K race for all types of runners and a kid’s fun run. Starting in downtown Alpharetta by City Hall, the race attracts thousands of residents, corporate employees and runners each year. The Challenge event was sold out last year, and we expect the same again this year.
Annually the Rotary Club of Alpharetta has raised over $100,000 to support non-profits making a difference in the lives of homeless children, mothers and families by providing transition housing, life skills training, budgeting and vocational training. Sponsor levels include Premiere Sponsorship at the $10,000 and $5,000 levels, and additional tiers at the $2,500, $1,500, $1,000 and $500 levels. Details of the sponsorship packages can be found at www.mayorschallenge.com
What: Mayor’s Corporate Challenge 5K
Date: August 23, 2018
Event Time: 5 – 9 PM
5:00 pm – Food Trucks and Live Music
5:30 pm – Pre-Race Registration and Race Number pickup
6:30 pm – Free Kids Fun Run (Pre-registration Required)
7:00 pm – 5K Run/Walk Featuring the Corporate Challenge Competition
(Put your corporate team of 4 or more together and compete against
your fellow runners, the Mayor and his Corporate Challenge Partners)
Sponsor Expo featuring Mayor’s Corporate Challenge Partners
Charity Spotlights highlighting Non-profits supported by the Rotary Club of Alpharetta
8:00 pm – Award
IronKids Alpharetta September 15-16
IronKids Alpharetta, one of the largest IronKids triathlons in the country, is returning to Alpharetta on Sept. 15-16, 2018, at the newly renovated Wills Park Pool. Saturday events include an expo and bike drop-off from 12 – 5 p.m. Sunday’s race day kicks off at 7:30 a.m. and runs until 11 a.m. Registration is now open for entrants.
The mission of IronKids is to inspire and motivate youth through sports to lead active, positive and healthy lifestyles. IronKids Alpharetta, open to youth ages 6 to 15, provides an interactive weekend experience for the entire family showcasing the nation’s top youth triathlon talent as well as to positively introduce the realm of multi-sport to first-time triathletes. IronKids is managed by Premier Event Management, a nation-wide endurance race event organizer, who has partnered with the Alpharetta Convention & Visitors Bureau for nine years on this event.
The IronKids event in Alpharetta has remained the one of the largest youth triathlon in the country with an expected 800 athletes competing. The race will include three divisions: Junior- ages 6 to 8, Intermediate- ages 9 to 11 and Senior-ages 12 to 15. All participants will receive an Alpharetta IronKids shirt, finisher medal, chip timing and complimentary food and refreshments.
Competition Categories & Start Times:
Seniors (Ages 12 – 15) | Start 8:45 AM
Swim – 300 Yards | Bike – 8 Miles | Run – 2 Miles
Intermediates (Ages 9 – 11) | Start 10:00 AM
Swim – 150 Yards | Bike – 4 Miles | Run – 1 Mile
Juniors (Ages 6 – 8) | Start 7:15 AM
Swim – 50 Yards | Bike – 2 Miles | Run – 500 Yards
The Alpharetta Convention & Visitors Bureau is giving away 35 race registrations to this year’s race at https://www.awesomealpharetta.com/ironkids-alpharetta-triathlon-giveaway/. The giveaway runs through July 31, 2018. Lucky winners will be contacted the first week of August with a promotion code.
“The IronKids Triathlon is one of Alpharetta’s prestigious events that brings young athletes from around the U.S. to compete in one of the largest kid’s triathlons in the country,” said Janet Rodgers, president and CEO of the Alpharetta Convention and Visitors Bureau. “I am amazed by the energy and enthusiasm taking place on the morning of the event, how proud the parents are of their children and how excited the kids are to be a part of this event. We are thrilled to give away entries so children and their families can experience the race in Alpharetta.”
For more information on registration and hotel accommodations in Alpharetta visit https://www.awesomealpharetta.com/ironkids-triathlon/.
Most of these signature events will take place in The Plaza, Avalon’s central gathering space located adjacent to Concierge. All events are free and open to the public. More details about each event are below:
Wednesday’s at 6pm on the Green – Free workout!! Typicall yoga!
· Little Acorns: Every Tuesday morning; April through October; 10 a.m. to noon, parents and caregivers are invited to bring their pre-school aged tots for free playtime in The Plaza. Weekly surprises will include face painters, storytellers, visits from favorite characters and more.
· AvalOM: Breathe in. Breathe out. Every Wednesday evening; April through October; 6 to 7 p.m., fitness fanatics can enjoy a free wellness class in The Plaza. Classes will be a variety of yoga and barre, and will be led by expert instructors from Flywheel Sports, lululemon, Athleta and more.
· Avalon Nights Live: Unwind from a long week with live music every Friday evening from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in The Plaza. Families and friends are invited to sit back, relax and enjoy music performed by local artists. Guests are welcome to grab to-go food and drinks from Avalon’s famed eateries like Oak Steakhouse and Branch & Barrel, and bring their meals for an evening out on the Plaza.
· The Punchline Comedy Night at Avalon: Throughout spring and summer, join The Punchline for lots of laughs with live comedy acts in Palmer Plaza (located between Oak Steakhouse and Colletta). The performances last about 90 minutes and are recommended for ages 13 and older. Punchline Comedy kicks off on April 2 and repeats each month.
The 6th Annual Wire & Wood Alpharetta Songwriters Festival Announces Headliners
October 12-13: This Two-Day, Free Event Includes Many Well-Known, National & Local Artists
The Wire & Wood Alpharetta Songwriters Festival returns to downtown Alpharetta, Ga. for its sixth year on October 12 – 13, 2018. Headliners will include Robert Randolph and The Family Band, Justin Townes Earle, Dan Wilson (Semisonic) and GlenPhillips (Toad the Wet Sprocket). The 2-day event, that runs from 5p.m. – 10 p.m. each day, will be free to the public this year.
The Wire & Wood Alpharetta Songwriters Festival brings nationally and locally recognized singer-songwriters together, giving music lovers a behind-the-scenes look at the stories that have inspired many musical genres.
Picture from google images (labeled for reuse). Press release provided by Alpharetta Convention & Visitors Bureau.