Halloween and all it brings is so exciting for kids and adults too! The leaves are changing, its getting cooler outside and darker earlier which leads us to thoughts of how to dress and decorate for Halloween! We found some adorable and easy Halloween crafts to do with the kids to put everyone in the spirit of the season and to help decorate the house! Make these at home with the kids, for a class Halloween party or your have your own Halloween party and let the kids make these fun crafts!
Save your toilet paper rolls, purchase white and black construction paper, glue, tape, white yarn, scissors, 12-inch pipe cleaners (black), lollipops, and googly eyes for these next few crafts!
Bat Craft (toilet paper roll, markers, black construction paper)
- Fold in one end of the toilet paper roll to create the bat ears.
- Glue in the fold to hold it down.
- Cut the wings out of black construction paper and glue to the sides of the toilet paper roll
- Draw on the facial features to your liking!
This craft can be found on MollyMoo Crafts: (http://mollymoocrafts.com/toilet-roll-bat-craft/)
Mummy Craft (black construction paper, white yarn, googly eyes, glue, scissors, tape)
- Use black construction paper and cut out a gingerbread man figure
- Glue on googly eyes
- Cut small slits around the figure to help with wrapping
- Tape the end of your white yarn to the back of the paper (at the top) and wrap the yarn around the face. Leave a space for the eyes. Wrap the mummy all the way down and wrap each leg.
- Tape the end of the yarn onto the back of the mummy.
This craft can be found on iheartcraftythings: https://iheartcraftythings.com/yarn-wrapped-mummy-craft.html She used cardboard and painted it – I used an alternative method but either makes an adorable mummy!
Spider Suckers lollipops, 12 inch pipe cleaners in black , small googly eyes, scissors/wire cutters, glue)
- Each spider has two pipe cleaners for legs. Cut your pipe cleaners in half so you have 4 legs on each side.
- Align the 4 pipe cleaner pieces and place a lollipop in the center.
- Wrap 1 side of the pipe cleaner all the way around the lollipop stem then pull tight.
- Flip the sucker over and separate the “legs”.
- Bend the ends to create little feet and position the legs.
- Place a little glue onto the back of the googly eyes and place them on your spider.
Craft from iheartnaptime.net (https://www.iheartnaptime.net/spider-suckers/)
We hope you have a chance to make these cute Halloween crafts this season! Happy Halloween! AMO is a proud writer for North Fulton Family Life publications. This article can be found in the October 2018 issue. All opinions are my own.
Reposted 2019 from 2018.