Atlanta Ronald McDonald House Charities (ARMHC) is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization dedicated to serving the needs of children by providing temporary housing and support services to families of ill and injured children being treated at local hospitals. The two Atlanta Houses have provided a home away from home to more than 44,000 families since the first Atlanta House opened in 1979. In the last three years, they have been forced to turn away 650 families from their Peachtree Dunwoody Ronald McDonald House due to capacity restraint. In order to continue to fulfill their mission of being a safe haven for families who have nowhere else to turn, they must expand. Let’s help them reach their fundraising goal by December 31! ! Below are reasons why they need to expand and ways you can help.
WHY ARMHC NEEDS A NEW HOUSE
• Since 2011, Atlanta Ronald McDonald House Charities (ARMHC) has had to turn away more than 650 families because rooms weren’t available. With only 11-bedrooms and growing demand, the current House has a waiting list most nights.
• A larger House is needed to fulfill the Charity’s mission of providing temporary housing and support services to families of children receiving medical care in Atlanta.
• To meet this growing need, ARMHC is building a new 31-bedroom, three-story House at the current Peachtree Dunwoody location to replace the existing 11-bedroom facility, nearly tripling our capacity to serve families.
• The new House is estimated to open in early 2016 and will feature:
-31 guest rooms with private baths
-Full ADA accessibility, including an elevator and roll-in showers
-Energy-efficient, sustainable design built to LEED standards
-A full pantry and kitchen with dining areas
-An innovative, indoor treehouse to aid in healing through play
HOW THE RONALD McDONALD HOUSE HELPS FAMILIES:
• Studies show that children heal better and faster when their families can be near them during recovery. The Ronald McDonald House provides families with a home away from home during some of the most challenging times in their lives.
• Plans for the House are centered on building a welcoming home that offers the basics necessities of life: a comfortable, convenient refuge near the hospital.
• In addition, 24-hour transportation is available to and from the hospital, and families are provided with healthymeals, positive distractions and the compassion and community of other families, volunteers and professional staff that helps each family focus on what is most important — the healing of their child.
For more information about ARMHC, please visit www.armhc.org or call (404) 315-1133. ARMHC launched a new Campaign website, www.healkidsatl.org, as well as a new crowdfunding website, www.armhc.kintera.org/healkidsatl, to help us reach our goal
Information provided by Atlanta Ronald Mcdonald House. I am a proud blogger for ARMHC!