Ring in the New Year with these fun events Around and About Alpharetta. Celebrate your memories from 2015 at such places as the Children’s Museum of Atlanta, Lanier Islands, Stone Mountain Park and many more local venues! AlpharettaMoms.Org has put together some ideas for you!
In addition to moving the celebration from the Grand Ballroom at Legacy Lodge to its largest venue at Peachtree Pointe Amphitheatre and Pavilion to accommodate more guests, New Year’s Eve at Lanier Islands will include a sumptuous buffet prepared by the resort’s culinary team, performances by Party Nation, open bar, dancing, party favors and shuttles to/from Legacy Lodge. Rather than merely providing a countdown or balloon drop as in year’s past, Lanier Islands breaks the mold with a spectacular fireworks display over the water at the stroke of midnight.
One thing that won’t change about Lanier Islands’ New Year’s Eve Celebration is its popular Kids NYE Party. The resort will continue to offer a separate event at Legacy Lodge for the children of overnight guests – complete with music, games, a movie, arts & crafts, kid-friendly dinner, loads of fun and midnight balloon drop – all under the watchful eye of the Islands’ team of Legacy Kids counselors. As the parents return to the Lodge via shuttle following their own night of revelry at Peachtree Pointe, they can collect their kids and head off to bed at the resort’s flagship hotel – proud member of the Southern Living Hotel Collection.
To make planning as simple as possible for Atlanta couples and families, Lanier Islands has designed the New Year’s Eve Celebration Package. Guests who book the package can enjoy passes for two the thoroughly grown-up, utterly exclusive New Year’s Eve Party at Peachtree Pointe overlooking the lake, complete with deluxe overnight accommodations at Legacy Lodge. Families will be pleased to learn that this overnight accommodation package also includes the option to add the Kid’s New Year’s Eve Party. The following morning, the family can regale one another with their epic tales of the night before over a sumptuous breakfast buffet at Sidney’s Restaurant. The New Year’s Eve Celebration Package starts at just $499/couple* and the Kids NYE Party can be added to the package for just $50/child.
Prospective party goers can learn more by visiting www.lanierislands.com or by calling 770-945-8787. Reservations are limited.
LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Atlanta invites families to ring in the New Year before the clock strikes midnight at its annual Noon Year’s Eve on Sunday, December 31! The balloon drop tradition will take place at noon, with a countdown displayed on screens around the center. Complimentary noisemakers and hats will be provided while supplies lasts and throughout the day, LEGO® fans can also take part in the large 2018 group build, enter to win great prizes and receive special offers to visit LEGOLAND Discovery Center in 2018!
All activities are included with admission; pre-booking tickets is recommended to guarantee entrance by visiting atlanta.legolanddiscoverycenter.com.
Because kids are just as excited to ring in the New Year as their parents—but need to be in bed before midnight—Stone Mountain Park is set to host an early New Year’s Eve Celebration. During Stone Mountain Christmas on Dec. 31., Stone Mountain Park will operate the Christmas event as usual (2 – 9 p.m.) and ring in the New Year with snowfall and early countdown. Immediately after the Snow Angel Snowfall and Fireworks Finale, the New Year’s Eve activities will begin with costumed characters, music and dance-a-longs. At 8:59 p.m. the early countdown will begin and when the clock strikes 9 p.m. snow and fireworks will usher in the New Year.
- DATE: Sunday, December 31, 2017
- 8:15 p.m. – Snow Angel Fireworks and Snowfall Finale
- 8:30 p.m. – New Year’s Eve Activities
- 8:59 p.m. – Early New Year’s Eve Countdown
- 9:00 p.m. – Snowfall and Fireworks
- LOCATION: Crossroads
Please check calendar for dates and hours of operation prior to your visit.
Sunday, December 31, 2017, from 9am – 12:30pm*
Ring in the New Year a full twelve hours early with Atlanta’s biggest party animals! This special family celebration will include a countdown to a balloon drop at noon. Free party favors for the first 1,000 children through the door!
9am – 12:30pm, Great Hall
Pin your Noon Year’s resolutions to the board to share your dreams for 2018.
Treats by GoGo squeeZ
9am – 12:30pm, Great Hall
Enjoy a GoGo squeeZ applesauce or yogurt while waiting for the countdown. (While supplies last.)
J&M Sound Design
9am – 12:30pm, Great Hall
Play games and dance your way into 2018 with the best DJ in town.
Noon, Great Hall
Countdown to the Noon Year as over 3,000 balloons cascade over the world’s largest dinosaurs.
Cost: A separate ticket purchase is required for this special event (applies to both members and non-members). Space is limited and this event will sell out quickly.
Noon Year’s Eve tickets (includes general event admission and all exhibits) are $8 for members and $20 for non-members. Noon Year’s Eve tickets plus a giant screen movie are $14 for members and $26 for non-members.****
People from across Metro Atlanta will be able to ring in 2018 in style at the inaugural New Year’s Eve Bash at The Battery Atlanta presented by Xfinity on Dec. 31. The grand finale of the first Holidays at The Battery Atlanta presented by SunTrust, this evening of music, performances and games will offer thrills for guests of all ages.
The New Year’s Eve Bash at The Battery Atlanta presented by Xfinity will feature two separate gatherings, with an earlier event suited for the littlest partiers and a later one to ring in the New Year with the adult crowd. Both events are free and open to the public.
Geared to families, The Early Innings will feature games, activities and performances from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Guests will be able to enjoy music from DJ Rekka at the Fox Sports South stage in the middle of the Plaza, appearances from The Heavy Hitters and The Home Depot tools, and performances from the Panfilov Trained Pets and comedian and entertainer James Maltman.
Guests, and their children, will be able to visit Hope & Will’s Sandlot inside SunTrust Park to ride the zip line, climb the rock wall or play any of the other games, as well as enjoy ice skating until 7:30 p.m. Admission for skating will be $13 for adults and $10 for children 12 and under.
The Early Innings will end with a countdown led by the Tomahawk Team that culminates with an inflatable baseball drop at 8 p.m., enabling children to experience the excitement of celebrating the arrival of the New Year.
Cheers to a New Year: 10 Ways to Celebrate in Atlanta from World of Coca-Cola
As thousands of local residents, tourists and college football fans prepare to ring in 2018 in Atlanta, here is what the World of Coca-Cola put together ~ a list of 10 things to do in the city (both football-related and not) this New Year’s weekend.
- It’s not too late to savor the season at World of Coca-Cola! New Year’s weekend (through Jan. 2) is your last chance to experience the attraction’s holiday celebration. Guests will enjoy festive décor, samples of the limited-time beverages Coca-Cola North Pole Magic and Coca-Cola Zero Sugar Arctic Chill, plus two seasonal exhibits that bring Coca-Cola’s connection to the holidays to life. Check out images of the attraction all decked out for the holidays here.
- Music lovers can spend their final moments of 2017 at a number of concerts around the city – catch Band of Horses at the Coca-Cola Roxy or Widespread Panic at the Fox Theatre.
- Auburn and UCF will face off in the 50th annual Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl at 12:30 p.m. on New Year’s Day at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Before the game begins, football fans can cheer on their teams during the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Parade. Considered the official kickoff for game day, the parade will bring floats, classic cars, team mascots, marching bands and cheerleaders to the streets of downtown Atlanta before concluding at FanFest in the Georgia World Congress Center.
- The day before the big game, Tigers and Knights fans can dive into an evening of underwater fun at the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Fan Night at the Georgia Aquarium. From 4-8 p.m. on Dec. 31, guests can see tens of thousands of aquatic and marine life, while rubbing shoulders with each team’s cheerleaders and mascots. Later that evening from 8:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m., guests can swap their football jerseys for cocktail attire for the Sips Under the Sea New Year’s Celebration, featuring food, drinks and live entertainment.
- With Kid-friendly New Year’s Eve parties across Atlanta, you can celebrate the new year with your little ones AND get them tucked in bed on time. From Noon Year’s Eve at Fernbank Museum of Natural History and Noon Year’s Eve at Ponce City Market’s Skyline Park to Children’s Museum of Atlanta’s New Year’s Bubble Bash and the Kids’ Early New Year’s Eve Celebration at Stone Mountain, there’s something for children of all ages and interests to enjoy.
- Celebrate 2018 in high style at the Masked New Year’s Eve Ball at Ponce City Market’s Skyline Park from 8 p.m.-1 a.m. Perched atop the roof of Ponce City Market, this black-tie-optional event will feature incredible skyline views, food and beverage specials, live music and more.
- For the complete football fan experience, check out the College Football Hall of Fame and Chick-fil-A Fan Experience. In celebration of the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl, from Dec. 27 through Jan. 2, the attraction will host Fan Days, allowing guests to immerse themselves in the rich traditions and history of college football for a discounted rate of $17.99 for adults and $14.99 for children.
- Looking for one more way to get your football fix? “Rise Up” into 2018 by cheering on the Atlanta Falcons as they take on the Carolina Panthers at 1 p.m. on Dec. 31 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
- The party at SunTrust Park doesn’t stop when baseball season ends. Ring in 2018 at NYE Live!, taking place at Live! at the Battery from 8 p.m.-1 a.m. (SOLD OUT)..The party will feature all-inclusive food and drinks, live music, DJ performances and a viewing of the Times Square Ball Drop on Live! at the Battery’s 30-foot LED screen.
- Start 2018 on the right foot at the Atlanta Track Club Resolution Run! Runners will get the new year off to a healthy start by participating in a 5K, one-miler or 50M dash. Races will begin at 10 a.m. on Jan. 1 in Piedmont Park.