North Carolina offers several ski resorts to enjoy family fun each winter. Maggie Valley is the closest ski area but if you travel further north you will find ski resorts with more slopes and probably better ski conditions. Many of these ski resorts also offer family tubing and ice skating areas. Have a fun and safe trip!
www.skibeech.com 1-800-438-2093 1007 Beech Mountain Parkway Beech Mtn, NC
- 15 slopes – 14% beginner, 46% intermediate 40% advanced
- Vertical drop 830′ Summit elevation 5506′
- Beech Mountain Resort is in the High Country of North Carolina. Beech boasts that it is the highest ski resort in the Eastern United States and has an average of 80′ of snow per year.
- Beech has added a new run at the snow tubing park and made the existing two runs longer.
- Ice skating
Accommodations: Archer’s Mountain Inn. www.archersinn.com 2489 Beech Mtn Pkwy 828-898-9004
Food: Jackologe’s View (at Archer Mtn Inn)
Zuzda – tapas restaurant www.zuzda.com 8280-898-4166 502 W. Main St. Banner Elk
Cataloochee Ski Area otherwise known as Maggie Valley
Three hours from Alpharetta. It’s the closest that is for sure, but better skiing conditions the further north you go into NC.
Open 9 a.m. – 1o pm
Ski school, tubing hill off property.
J. Arthur’s Restaurant and Snappy’s worth visiting.
www.skisugar.com 800-784-2768 1009 Sugar Mountain Drive Banner Elk, NC
Open 40 years, Sugar Mtn offers 7 lifts and 20 slopes. They have a magic carpet area for the little ones. Check out their Winter Value Packages on the website.
- Outdoor ice skating rink is 10,000 square feet.
- Snowboarding and Tubing offered as well.
- Snowshoe guided tours offered to stay fit!
www.appskimtn.com 828-295-7828 940 Ski Mountain Rd Blowing Rock, NC
- Open since 1968, this resort offers 5 lifts and 12 slopes. Night Skiing offered
- Ice skating – offered at night as well. 6000 square feet
- Ski & Stay Packages
AlpharettaMoms was not paid to advertise these companies or ski areas. Please know information may change so please check their website. Thanks!