Keeping up with all the trends in kitchen & bathroom design can keep your head spinning. Moms (and Dads too!) wanting to remodel their kitchen or bathrooms is very popular, so it’s no big surprise that the kitchen and bath market is skyrocketing toward projections of almost $180 billion at the end of this year, according to the National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA) reports. Luckily, iTrust Home Services can help you navigate the treacherous waters of staying in fashion without sacrificing function.
The NKBA’s annual Design Trends Survey polled over 800 professionals (designers, remodelers etc.) across the U.S and Canada to track the most common requests and projects in these areas. This article will focus on United States’ trends.
Kitchen Trends (U.S)
- Style: Traditional looks seem to fade back in this current climate. Farmhouse styles however, ride the wave of popularity with about 80% of professionals deeming them “trendy” or “very trendy”. Transitional and Contemporary styles have a strong pull as well, falling in the 70% trending range.
- Cabinets: Paint proves the predominant choice for cabinet facing. Wood is 2nd most popular, with Glass trailing behind. Homeowners usually prefer doors that are overlaid instead of inset. Frameless cabinets appear slightly more common as well.
- Surfaces: The age of Quartz is upon us, with nearly 95% of professionals reporting its trending status. Granite takes the runner up spot, followed by marble. For backsplash, ceramic or porcelain tile ranks highest, followed in descending order by glass, natural stone tile and quartz.
- Color: White and gray continue to reign supreme. The other most frequent colors (blue, black and beige respectively) trail far behind. Special note: For homeowners interested in exploring color options, iTrust Home Services offers a no obligation color consult with a Sherwin Williams Color Consultant. Submit a service inquiry for more information.
- Lighting: Homeowners have become increasingly interested in functional lighting, such as under-cabinet lighting and recessed lights. Special note: iTrust provides many options for functional smart lights. Learn more from this Lighting Guide.
- Smart Technology: The idea of a connected home (and therefore a connected kitchen) is still a relatively new concept, so the number of homeowners that have already made significant steps to incorporate integrated technologies remains a little low. Wall mounted flat screens have become the most popular non-appliance kitchen device, following by docking/charging stations. That said, smart lighting control in the kitchen has started to gain traction, with about a 50% trending rate for flush-mounted lighting controls, keypad-controlled lights, motion-sense task lighting, and voice-enabled automation devices. Be a trendsetter. Learn more here about Smart Home Automation Solutions.
Bathroom Trends (U.S)
- Style: Transitional and Contemporary styles also dominate in bathroom design. Traditional style ranks third.
- Cabinets: Wood seems most typical for bathroom vanity doors. Framed and frameless cabinet doors are about equally used.
- Surfaces: Quartz is just as prevalent in bathrooms, followed predictably by granite and marble.
- Color: White and gray make their way onto many bathroom walls, pursued not that closely by blue.
- Lighting: Shining some light in this part of the house is vital. Homeowners most often ask for shower lights, recessed fixtures and sconces in the bath.
- Smart Technology: At the moment, more attention is given to the kitchen in terms of technology integration. A small number of trendsetters have mounted TVs, lights connected to mobile devices, or music in the shower. With more innovations being made everyday however, we may see more technology being used in this corner of the connected home.
iTrust Home Services provides the ability to transform your home through digitally controlled devices and aesthetic improvements. Our products allow you to control various aspects of your home with your phone. Adjust the lights, temperature, lock your doors or even use cameras to keep an eye on things at the house while you are home or away. Put your trust in iTrust to make your home “smart” and help you save time, money and effort!
Our trained professionals have the skills necessary to enhance your home’s functionality and appearance. iTrust’s painters can paint inside or outside of your home and even have a brushless system for kitchen cabinets.
iTrust prides ourselves on excellent performance and integrity, along with our product reliability. Our motto is Satisfaction Guaranteed. Located in North Fulton, Georgia, we specialize in two residential service areas: Automation & Electrical–Painting & Restoration.
iTrust Home Services
3535 Trotter Drive
Alpharetta GA 30004
AlpharettaMoms.Org is proud to have iTrust Home Services as a sponsor! Especially when it is my family’s new business! Please help me in suppoting iTrust Home Services and contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
https://itrusthomeservices.com/on-trend-kitchen-bathroom-design/; Woodworking Network
*Article provided by our sponsor, iTrust Home Services.