Strawberry picking looks very different this year but all farms that are open have very specific precautions for your safety. Strawberry picking can be a fun tradition that is healthy and entertaining for the whole family! Strawberry picking is usually best from Mid April thru early June in Georgia. Here is a listing of some near and far for your picking pleasure. Several strawberry farms listed below are U-Picks and its a good idea to call before you go.
Adams Farm Fayetteville Please call for 2020 information
Call ahead – usually open 9 a.m -3:30 pm. Adams Farm grows Sweet Charlie and Strawberry Festival varieties. Berry fields are well maintained, clean, easily accessible and filled with rows and rows of ready to pick berries. Two-gallon containers are provided for easy picking.
Please provide your own containers to take your berries home. For those who do not wish U-Pick, on most days pre-picked berries are available. Blackberries to pick early June. Raspberries mid-June and Blueberries @ late June.1486 Highway 54 West, Fayetteville, GA 30214 Phone: 770-461-9395. Crops are usually available in April through October. Open: Monday through Saturday 9 am to 3:30 pm; call before you go! Payment: Cash, Check. Also available are a wide variety of other fruits and vegetables that are not U-pick.
LCCL Strawberry Farm Rome
Open for 2020. Please call ahead to see if open for the day.
Things will be a little different this year due to the COVID-19.
🍓 We have the rows painted red and white. Each day we will be picking a certain color so that you will be 10 feet apart from the person picking on the next row. One person or one family per row.
🍓 Please bring a container to take your berries home in. If you have strawberry buckets like ours you can pick in those.
🍓 No picnic area available
🍓 A limited number of people will be allowed in the field to pick. You may have to wait to enter the fields.
🍓 No train rides
🍓 No golf cart ride to the back fields
🍓 We will have strawberry ice cream, jam, salsa and honey. On Saturday we will have strawberry fried pies.
🍓 Please practice social distancing while waiting in line.
🍓 The process will be slower so please be patient with us.
🍓 Once you have made your purchase, we ask that you please return to your vehicle.
Cash or check only. Click HERE for their Facebook page.
Mercier Orchards Blue Ridge
Open Sunday – Thursday: 8 am to 4 pm and Friday & Saturday: 8 am to 6 pm at the farm. Downtown location is open Wednesday-Sunday 8 am to 4 pm as well for takeout only. On Fridays, they dedicate the first hour of shopping (8 am to 9 am) to senior shoppers and those with compromised immune systems. Call ahead curbside pick up will still be available upon request for those who need it.
Click Here for U-Pick information and updates.
We will continue to observe all guidelines given by the CDC to keep our customers and employees safe. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding as we implement these safety precautions:
1) There will be designated entry and exit doors to help reduce contact between customers
2) All customers must bring and wear their own face mask. We will have face masks available for a $2 donation for those who do not have one. All proceeds will be donated to Feed Fannin. Customers must also use hand sanitizer before coming into the store. We will provide hand sanitizer in multiple locations for your convenience. We will also have sanitizing wipes for the shopping carts and baskets. For customers unable to wear face masks due to health conditions, curbside service will be offered.
3) No more than 100 people will be allowed into the store at any time. Customers will be asked to observe social distancing and stay at least 6 feet apart
4) We ask that customers pay with a credit card or debit card so we can limit person-to-person contact
5) The Cafe at the Farm and Downtown locations have limited seating available – You can place orders for pick-up online, click here to start one
1(800) 361-7731 firstname.lastname@example.org Click HERE for their Facebook page.
Mitcham Farm Oxford 770-855-1530
UPick open for 2020! Check their Facebook page for updates.
The farm is located just 30 miles east of downtown Atlanta, less than 5 miles from Interstate 20. Mon – Sat 9-6 and Sunday 1-5pm. U-pick $12/gallon.
Availability is limited and subject to change based on weather and number of people that come out to pick, so please check back to see if there are updates before you make your trip to the farm.
Stop by the market (open daily) for fresh donuts, ice cream, slushies, specialty jarred items, pecans, peanuts, fresh produce including GA peaches, okra, sweet corn, squash, Vidalia onions, watermelons, and tomatoes – and more!
Picking your own berries is easy and fun, and it doesn’t take long to fill a basket. Large flats of berries are available. Their site has Fun Strawberry facts (plus tips on care/handling, picking, storing, preparing, freezing, recipes):
- On average, there are 200 tiny seeds in every strawberry.
- Eight(8) medium-sized strawberries contain 160% U.S. RDA for Vitamin C.
- Strawberries are fat-free, low in calories and are a good source of folic acid, potassium and fiber.
- Flavor is influenced by growing conditions (e.g. weather), stages of ripeness, when harvested, and variety. Size does not determine flavor.
Moon Farms Country Market Colbert (outside of Athens)
Pre-Picked Gallon Bucket: $16
Cash or checks only! **We will only be selling pre-picked strawberries at the farm at this time due to COVID-19/Coronavirus and to follow state guidelines for social distancing. Thank you in advance for your understanding during this uncertain time. **
Please, remember to call ahead before driving out to the farm to make sure we are open on days that have unfavorable weather! Blackberries in June. Click HERE for their Facebook page. Mon-Sat 9 -6 pm, Sunday 2-6. U-pick gallon bucket $12.
Opening June 11 for summer fun. Check their website for new activities!
Southern Belle Farm McDonough
U-pick 2020 Strawberry fields are open, while supplies last. The Farmers market, Bakery, and Curbside pickup will be open from 8am-5pm.
Southern Belle Farm, is a 330-acre working farm located just south of Atlanta. Farms are a special place to be in the spring, with fresh-air fun and baby animals, in addition to the berry-picking fun. Belle’s Barn is home to chickens, donkeys, cows and calves, goats, horses and more!
Learn more about their spring/summer season at SouthernBelleFarm.com/spring
Call 770-288-2582 to check availability before you go. Click HERE for their Facebook page.
Warbington Farms Cumming
Check their Facebook page and website for U-pick information! HERE for Facebook page.
Reservations are REQUIRED. Please fill out the form and we will contact you to confirm your reservation. PLEASE do not show up for U-Pick without a reservation.
U-Pick is $16 gallon
Pre-Picked: Waitlist: https://forms.gle/u3GvqZfAg6NLe4BY6
“Extra” berries not picked up will be sold on first-come-first-serve from 9:00-2:00. We will post each day if we have extra berries.
Directions: 5555 Crow Road Cumming 30041 770-380-2920From Atlanta take highway 400 north to exit 17, take a right toward Gainesville. Take a right onto highway 369 (east). Go 3.4 miles then take a left onto Little Mill Road Continue 1.7 miles, then take a left onto Crow road The farm is on the right. Click here for a map and directions. Payment: Cash, Check, Visa/MasterCard.
Washington Farms Loganville/Watkinsville GA
Check their Facebook and Website for updates.
- No strawberry crop for 2020
- BLACKBERRY & BLUEBERRY crops will be coming in around mid-June! Check back here or call the farm at 706-769-0627 for updates! In efforts to keep you happy, healthy, and safe, we currently plan to have only pre-picked fruit available.
- Please follow on their Facebook Page or Instagram for crop updates!.
Original article from 4/2012 and updated yearly. Updated for 2020.