Make a Difference Day is October 24 and was established to help encourage us to take one day a year to try to make a difference in the world.” Make a difference day is a day to help those in need or do something positive in the neighborhood. This article concentrates on ways we can encourage our kids to make a difference in their home, school or community whether it is one day a year or year round.
Ways to Make a Difference at Home
- Children can offer to do chores to earn money to give to a charity.
- Children can make crafts or write letters to deliver to the elderly in nursing homes or assisted living facilities.
- Learn new ways to recycle products or items around the house
- Learn ways to conserve and be cognizant of waste
Ways to Make a Difference at School
- Encourage classmates to write letters to the elderly
- Help organize a clean up day at the school
- Gather a group of students to volunteer at or collect items for a local charity
- Research ways to conserve items at school so there is less waste
- Offer to clean rooms in the school or paint a room
Ways to Make a Difference in the Community
- Children can start a food drive in the neighborhood for a local charity
- Children can do a random act of kindness for a neighbor
- Volunteer for a local charity
- Start a book club for kids in your neighborhood
The more we can encourage kids to bring about positive change in the world the more the world will be a better place to live in.
AlpharettaMoms is a proud writer for North Fulton Family Life Publications. You will find this article in the October 2020 issue!