There is so much more to Chick-fil-A than their amazing food and knowing the full story behind the founder and his principles will make you love CFA even more! I recently took a behind-the-scenes tour of the CFA headquarters in Atlanta with other local moms from the CFA moms panel and highly recommend the tour for families or team building experiences.
The Chick-Fil-A moms panel was a private Facebook group led by the Maria Bailey of Mom Talk Radio and BSM Media. Panel members would provide feedback on their family’s experience at Chick-fil-A. CFA would then take our suggestions and consider them for menu items, kids toys, sauces and more!
Our family loves Chick-fil-A and it is our go-to fast food restaurant. It is so ingrained in our heads that even our 16-year-old son on Sunday’s will say “I want to go get breakfast at CFA!” We scout road signs if we are on a road trip, use the CFA One App and we have our favorite menu items. Through our kids’ school, I was the CFA liaison for spirit nights for several years. As the organizer of the spirit nights, I was fortunate to work with the marketing rep and store operator and saw how much work the store puts into making these nights special for the students. Before the Holiday break, the school chorus would sing and of course the CFA cow would make an appearance.
Why take a CFA Headquarters Tour:
- Learn about the history of the company and its founder. CFA was built on true partnership. Founder Truett Cathy had an entrepreneurial spirit from a young age and was full of compassion towards others and a had a willingness to always want to help others and his community. CFA was built out of love for family and community and it is easy to understand how the 3rd generation of the Cathy family is now at the helm of the company.
- Learn about how faith has played a huge part in CFA’s success. CFA’s mission is to “Glorify God and for everyone who comes into contact with CFA to have a positive experience.”
- See the amazing car collection that Truett Cathy amassed over his lifetime. The Batmobile is quite a site!
- Tour Truett Cathy’s office which is full of family portraits and personal items that were important to him.
- Visit the Backstage Theatre and watch a video on the Cathy family and learn more of their family history.
- Tour the warehouse where ideas are hatched. Discover the detailed process they put into place before any major undertaking.
- Fall in love with ChickFilA even more!
I come across inspirational stories probably every week of how Chickfila was a part of something that made a positive impact on someone’s or a family’s life. The company always has the greater good as a priority and the true foundation of the company can be seen through their decisions, marketing efforts and actions.
My oldest son and I scouted out a Chickfila recently when we were in North Carolina. We checked the road signs for miles until we saw an exit that had a Chickfila. It was lunchtime and we knew the lines both in drive-thru and inside would be pretty long. We went inside and as usual and like all other Chickfila’s, everything was orderly, the employees were friendly and the food was outstanding. As we ate, the polite employees asked if we needed anything else, how we were doing and if we needed drink refills. Enough said 😉
Thank you Chickfila for getting it right and being consistent. We appreciate you! All opinions are my own. I was not compensated for this article. I was a member of the Chickfila Moms Panel for several years where I provided my honest opinion to a private group. I did receive coupons and Chickfila items on occasion as a Thank You and I toured the Atlanta headquarters with other members of this group.
Anyone can take a tour! Here is a link to reserve a spot and buy advance tickets: CFA Headquarters Tour
The Chick-fil-A Support Center is located at 5200 Buffington Road, Atlanta, GA 30349. When you check-in at the Chick-fil-A security entrance, you will receive a pass for your car and further directions on parking and entering the tour entrance.